Pages

Sunday 10 January 2016

Photo of the Month: December 2015

ANCHORED
Anchored
 
8th December 2015, St Monans, East Neuk, Fife

After checking tide tables and the weather I set off for the East Neuk.  I had planned to photograph on the beach directly below St Monans Parish Church but the tide had already receded from here so I turned my attention to the rocks of Long Shanks further west. I have looked down on these rocks many times from the Fife Coastal Path without giving them a second thought. Today, from the beach, I was looking up at a raggedy skyline.  It was as if I had found a new location. The rocks were cut with deep channels of water being fed by the sea swell even though the tide was receding. As it receded further I was able to move within the rocks to reach a small beach. With the low winter sun providing some dramatic lighting and a storm sweeping over the Firth of Forth, the scene looked very foreboding. They are moments which are too infrequent in my opinion.  I was determined to make the most of it before the storm hit but with the air full of spray the most difficult task was keeping the filters dry using a small reflector as a shield.  Eventually the rain became too heavy and I had to pack everything away and retreat to the harbour but I had enough images on the card to make the trip worthwhile.  


Technical Info: 

Taken with a Fujifilm X-T1
Fujinon XF 14mm f/2.8 R lens
EXIF: ISO-200 / f/11 / 1/10sec
Lee filters:
RAW File converted to TIFF in Fuji RAW converter powered by Silkypix, developed in Adobe PSE9


Website  /  Profile


Other images from the same afternoon:

DOOMED LONG SHANKS COVE

No comments:

Post a Comment